Mar 11, 2012

Magic CRUNCHY CALAMARES


*RECIPE by MAGGI*
INGREDIENTS:
One half kg squid, cleaned and cut into rings
3 pieces calamansi, juiced
1 8g sachet MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
One half cup all purpose flour
oil for frying

PROCEDURES:
1. Marinate squid rings in calamansi juice and MAGGI MAGIC SARAP for 5 minutes. Dredge in flour and deep fry in hot oil.
 
GARLIC DIP
Combine the following:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1 8g sachet MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
One half tsp white pepper

FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
 
INGREDIENTS:
One fourth cup olive oil
One fourth cup chopped onions
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 cup chopped tomatoes, seeds removed
1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
One third cup water
1 8g sachet MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
2 tsp white sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
 
PROCEDURES:
1. In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Saute onions, garlic and tomatoes until tomatoes are soft. Add parsley, water, MAGGI MAGIC SARAP and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Transfer into a blender and puree until smooth. Add olive oil and mix well.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

looks delicious! but thanks! I will die as soon as I had enough of this...allergies ^^

I used to eat this when I was young, I just don't know how I able to develop allergies on prawns...

the last time I had this I made myself very red and had the hard time catching a breath...

I won't risk my life for this.

Unknown said...

Hmmm ... mukhang masarap ha. I'll try this one time.

CrescentFire said...

This looks really tempting to try! *Bookmarked*
Thanks for sharing this. I love calamares! <3

www.foodiefromthemetro.com

athena said...

calamares are my favorite!
kung pwede araw-arawin, go! :>

Swexie said...

Calamares is one of my all-time favorite foods! It's easier to cook calamares now because of ready-to-mix flavorings like maggi magic sarap. Mas madali nang magluto ang mga mommy!

Vonn Angelie David said...

yum yum... ginutom ako...

kindlehearts.com said...

Nice! I'll definitely try this as soon as possible! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I love squid!:P
- Sionee

Julie. -- said...

i did this once but forgot to take pictures. haha! I will definitely try this again soon.

GagayMD said...

i should try this one at home..tagal na din akong di nakapagluto.. ;D

Unknown said...

I so love Calamares and tempura! Thank you for your recipe I'll try to make them myself! Please swing by my page too!

YANI said...

calamares?! gotta try this recipe soon enough :)) perfect appetizer!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Paddy's Recipes . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Design by Herdiansyah . Published by Borneo Templates